Sunday, October 18, 2009

Flying - Christmas - Oh my!

Yeah, the same thing I said the last time... life is flying by and I can't believe how fast it's going. We're heading into the end of October... Joel is 3 months old and getting bigger by the minute! :) He is sleeping through the night. Praise God! He is still having his fussy times at night, but they are getting better. Luke is well; we're getting ready to do a "Hands-on-House" class this Wednesday. I think he will love it. He's not potty trained yet; but then again, I'm not really trying that hard or pushing him. He doesn't seem interested in the least; so from all the advice I've heard I'm not going to force him. I'm sick of changing his huge poops but I'd rather change them in a diaper than clean them up in underwear or off the floor!

Christmas is seriously right around the corner and I am trying with all my might to not dread the shopping and craziness that lies ahead... I used to not understand why my mom never felt like dragging out all the decorations and setting them all up. To me it was the best thing ever! But, I now can see why; it is a huge hassle and it's overwhelming to have to rearrange your entire house... especially when you don't have much room to begin with! BUT... I know that once it's done I will be happy and that in a few short years, the boys will realize what it's all about and will LOVE helping me and getting into the spirit. The shopping thing still sort of depresses me though... I feel like I never know what to get people. I used to think I was creative... but for some reason I think that quality disappeared when kids entered the picture. (or maybe my mind is just too preoccupied to think of anything!) Anyway, the funds is always something to think about as well; but I just have to trust God that He will provide and pray for good deals!!! I've been putting a list together here and there and have a few ideas so I am hoping to start my shopping and get some things taken care of; I just do not know when in the world I will have time to do it...

I am really going to try to start blogging more consistenly but everytime I sit down to do it I feel like I have other things I should be doing! Oh well...

No comments: