
As I think about what today really represtents, the crucifixtion of Jesus, I'm reminded of a song that I remember hearing my Grandma Betty singing quite often. Not just at Easter time but throughout the year as well. "The Old Rugged Cross" will always bring warm memories back for me of a time and place when I had my Grandma with me; singing around me; helping realize what it really meant to have a precious Savior die in my place for the sins that I committed.

I told myself a few months back that I was not going to let this Easter pass by and lose the true meaning of this holiday. I was not going to let the candy, the eggs, the bunnies, and all the surface slush and crap get in the way of what really matters. My Grandma always had an incredible way of helping us celebrate Easter in a fun way of having an egg hunt, but then always bringing it back to Christ and what he did on the Cross for us. She would sit up in front of us and talk to us about his death, burial, and resurection. She would engage us in conversation and ask us questions about why and what we thought. I'm so glad for those moments. I'm glad I have the memories to hold onto to I can give those to Luke and Joel so they too can know the true meaning of this wonderful holiday but also enjoy the fun activities that I enjoyed as a child.
My prayer for you this Easter is that you will remember that our God's love is so pure for us that He's able to see us without spot or wrinkle. We are clean in His eyes. His son died so we could be saved. Christ shed his blood so we could be set free. I'm so glad he decided to show his incredible grace towards us. Blessings to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment