Sunday, May 1, 2011

"Bringer Of Light"

Luke: "Bringer Of Light" Today is the first of May. I thought it appropriate to take advantage of this non-rainy, semi-overcast day, and so took some pictures of Luke for his 4 year photo session. This is the month that my precious red head turns 4 years old. My heart cannot believe that my first born is going to be the amount of years that I was in high school... a weird thought I know. But for some reason that's the way I seem to always look at it. I feel so honored to share in his life, to see things through his innocent eyes. To marvel at the wonder he has at a tiny inch worm, to imagine with pretend dinosaurs, and get so excited about a simple piece of gum. When I think of Luke, I see a little boy who is quiet and reserved, but also has a very passionate side to him who cares so much if he thinks for a second that someone is hurt. His little light certainly shines brightly for all to see. Everyone always used to say that his temper would match his hair... but that certainly isn't always the case. He is not a naturally stubborn child. Luke has always been more passive and laid back. He has his moments, but don't we all? He loves to color and play with play dough. :) But he's not afraid to go muddin' in his John Deer Gator with his daddy! He's a very well rounded little boy. He loves to play with his little brother Joel and everyday it's so fun to see them interact more and more! I count everyday as a gift from God that I get to have them both with me. Now, I'm not saying everyday is like a piece of cake... because uh, it's not! Hello! I have a 4 and almost 2 year old people! It's like mad-craziness all the time! :) And most days I am wanting to pull my hair out and escape out the back door! Lol! But, I try to remember that these moments are like a blink of an eye and they will be gone so fast. Luke is at a challenging stage. But if he wasn't I think I'd be worried so, I just keep my chin up and keep truckin' forward. :o) I will never forget how this Easter he was so full of Hope whenever he talked about Jesus being raised back to LIFE! He totally is my "Bringer of LIGHT!" And I love him so!

About the pics: I have been contemplating whether or not I was going to get professional photos done of him this year or attempt to take them myself. I don't consider myself a photographer in the least. I only enjoy taking photos and capturing what my eye sees as interesting and of course my boys ARE my life! So, they consume alot of my picture-capturing! :o) Matt felt that with as much money as we have invested in our handy-dandy Canon 50D, that I have more than enough capabilities and talent to take the pictures myself! Lol! :-) So, I went ahead and tried out doing a "photo session" for the first time. I think it turned out pretty good. ;-) I'm hoping to get a few more pictures in the next few weeks, but here are the ones I snapped today while Luke and I romped around in the grassy tree lined property of Root's Nursery this afternoon! Enjoy!


No comments: