Monday, October 29, 2007

Dedication


It was so nice that my mom was able to come over on Saturday and entertain Luke while I cleaned our house. Matt was helping some friends move all day so he wasn't able to help me.

10/28/2007 Yesterday was just amazing! We had our little Luke Aldean Weidman dedicated to the Lord. It was so beautiful and we were so blessed to have my parents, Ross, Josh and Ally, Erin, Jeremy, and Asher, AND both sets of my grandparents there; Luke's GREAT-grandparents! Being challenged to raise him up knowing Christ is a task that is going to take alot of patience and wisdom. I pray that God gives us the grace to do it and to charge forth in strength in all ways regardless. I feel so blessed that I was raised knowing God. I can never thank my parents enough for being obedient to the Lord and showing me how I can have eternal life... for that I am truly and ever grateful.

On a "mom" note... these past few weeks have been really hard. Luke is not sleeping through the night anymore and I can only hope it's because he's teething. I don't do well without sleep and that fact that he's waking every hour and a half from about 1 am and on, is taking its toll on me. I know I can't be frustrated with him, but when your sleep deprived my flesh wants to get the better of me. He not only has the one little tooth coming in, but his other bottom tooth appeared Sunday morning. I feel so bad for him, but hey, we all went through this when we were babies! My mom tells me it's just a stage but when you're in the middle of it, it seems like eternity! I keep wanting to just asses the problem and fix it, which is totally my personality, but I am humbly realizing that motherhood is not like that. And having a child is the most "not-knowing" job I'll ever try to conquer! As for all the other aspects of being a mom, I love it! But right now I would just love to be able to sleep for more than 2 hours at a time... I pray the Lord gives me strength!

The rain of the shower calls my name... later.

No comments: