Thursday, March 20, 2008

It's finally here!














Hooray! Today is SPRING!

I am very happy that this day has finally arrived. And it was also wonderful because I made peanut butter Easter eggs (can I just say YUM!!!???) with my mom, grandma, and cousin Tiff! The weather was blustery and cool but the sun was out and just so pretty! Praise God for his beautiful creations.

... a few updates:

I have not blogged in over a week and the answer for that is seriously I've just been too busy. Luke is on the go so much that I can't just sit on the computer like I used to and let him play on the floor or be in his walker. I have to constantly be watching him or else he'll be into something or pulling something on top of himself. Last week I had two play dates with some friends. Things just happen fast and I seem to be soaked up by all that needs done around here! I love it though!

Matt went to a church conference last week in Anderson, SC and had an amazing time. He wants to move there and be a part of the awesome stuff this church is doing... they have about 8,000 members... yes, I am totally serious, EIGHT THOUSAND people! Check out their website http://www.newspring.cc/


I am looking so forward to Easter this year... it's my Grandma Betty's favorite holiday and her being excited for it really makes me think more about the actual meaning of this celebration. I know too I'm just so happy to have Luke with us and share in his first Easter holiday and give him his Easter basket with the fake green grass, plastic eggs, and candy that Matt and I will happily eat for him... !! :) I am planning on taking tons of pictures so I will post those this coming week. Saturday we have our Hamilton Easter gathering. My Pap Pap always has something fun up his sleeve for the kiddos. Usually a hunt to find the baskets, a hayride that's filled with Easter findings and stuffed animals, and just lots of other fun stuff. It will be so great when Luke can keep up with the kids. This year we'll have to stand in for him or get one of my little cousins to. And of course we always talk about the real meaning of Easter... we all know it's not just about the Easter bunny that comes to deliver candy and eggs. And by the way... bunny's don't even lay eggs... ??? Where the heck did easter bunny's and eggs come from!? Moving on... Sunday after our church Easter service we have Matt's side of the family down in Chester. It will be a fun, squeezed time with all the little baby boys and three pregnant women again! YES... I said THREE pregnant women! Matt's cousin's wife Melina is due in July... Erin, Matt's sister, is due in September, and Matt's other cousin Sarah, just announced she's pregnant, due in November!!! So yeah, there will be again, 3 new additions to the family this year! It's absolutely CRAZY! And if you're all thinking I'm next, think again!!!! Not yet... if it was up to Matt, we'd be pregnant now, but I am not ready quite yet! :)

As far as I go and all of my dealings... still having to trust God in our dire times of need; always finding myself trying to be better and change my attitudes and strengthen my weaknesses. Of course I fail because I end up trying to do it in my own strength... and don't we know that that will never work? Yes, we do. I just find myself forgetting to pray and ask God for Him to help me. And then I kick myself for tripping up and then I feel depressed that I'll never change and become better! So yeah, I might go around the mountain a few times, but each time I realize my mistakes, I think that's one step closer to becoming who God created me to be. And that's the most important thing. God has never ending compassion on me, and I desperately need to adapt that principle to my life towards others. Despite my failures, I can't help but be happy and smile that my awesome God still loves me and gives me another chance to prove the enemy wrong!

Thanks for listening to my notions of the day... Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments: