Easter was very fun. We had my Hamilton family gathering up at the museum last Saturday. Photos are below. Then Sunday we had church and then went over to my parents house for lunch with my family and the Seaburg's. We had a little egg hunt and it brought back memories of the old days when us kids used to be little! :) Good times. And then we headed down to Chester to have dinner with Matt's family. Lots of stuff in one day, but it was very nice and of course the real meaning of Easter was in flowing in my head as well. As you can see from the pics Matt and Luke and I all matched in our turquoise. That was fun and everyone at church loved it except for one individual whom I will not mention...







Luke is now 10 months and a week old. Insane!!! I am blown away every day with how fast my little man is growing up. He is doing so many things: waves hi and bye bye, gives high fives, puts his hands in the air when you say "how big is Luke!?" "Soooo big!" It's adorable, you just have to see it! He crawls at lightning speed and can almost stand up by himself. He says "ma ma" to me, and "da da" to Matt. He is eating lots of big people food including: cooked carrots, peas, noodles, toast, crackers, and other stuff I can't think of right now. He flippin' finally drinks from a sippy cup! Praise the Lord, that was a challenge. And he actually is drinking formula and so I am now only nursing him 3 times a day. I have to say I am sad about this fact, but also happy. I am ready to be done, but my heart does ache to know that he's not a little infant anymore. He LOVES Elmo and watching Sesame Street. I think we might theme his 1 year birthday party after Elmo and his gang. :)
As far as Matt and I go there's not too many new things to announce. We have our Envoy back and it's all better. Drives like a dream. Matt got a black silverado that he might sell to make a buck or two God willing. Oh, I now know 4 people who are pregnant and having babies this year. My friend Kylene is having her 2nd baby in October. Congrats to her and Shawn! And once again, no, it is not my turn yet! :) I am excited to be pregnant again, but I want to enjoy Luke and all the fun stages he is going to being in.
I am still on my journey of figuring out what my purpose is on this earth besides being a wife and mommy. Don't get me wrong... I love being those two things... it's just I know that God has more for me and that my potential with Him in endless. I am learning to surrender all that I want to Him and realizing it's not how much I do, but what I do for His kingdom. Sometimes I feel just overwhelmed! Because I feel like I'm always failing... but my amazing husband remindes me I need to stop trying to fix this and fix that, but if I just strive to be like Jesus then everything else and all my struggles will be helped by Him.





Ok, I need to go get my evening cookies 'n cream ice cream fix. Hopefully I'll be on here sooner than later. Night...
2 comments:
Thank you for finally blogging. I am one of those people who check it and like to read it. Wow Luke has really started doing so MANY new things since we last talked. KYLENE IS PREGNANT again wow! I was surprised to read that congratulations to her and her family! :) Cute easter basket!! hehe Brynn has the pink one that is funny we have the same diaper bag and easter basket... now you need to buy the anywhere chair! they are great! we have the SAME taste Hooray for Pottery Barn!!
Julie...thanks for the updates. It's always nice to read what you write. You have some really awesome and really cute pics of Luke too! I love the ones at the end especially! Love to you...
Post a Comment