Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I don't want to...

I was inspired by an incredible pastor to write this list of what I don't want to waste my life doing. Because the reality is, we never know when we're going to be taken from this world. The way he put it is we all have an appointment with death: it's inevitible. I know it sounds harsh, but I pray that my eyes are opened to this raw fact that my life I'm living is it. Period. I have one shot at life. One chance to make a difference for Christ and live out the plan that he has in place for my life. I need to change my life, I need to change the way I live!!! I need to change the way I view EVERYTHING! Dear God help me! Ok, so this is what I don't want to do:

-I don't want to live a life with regrets

-I don't want to live a life in which I don't experience the joy of being generous

-I don't want to live a life in which my husband wonders if he makes enough for me

-I don't want to live a life caring about what people think, but what GOD thinks

-I don't want to live a life in a way that causes my son to hate God and the church

-I don't want to live a life in a way that makes others distance themselves from me

-I don't want to live a life thinking I need more to make me happy

-I don't want to live a life for myself

-I don't want to live a life where my relationship with God becomes boring and routine

Life is too short for me to not live out who God created me to be. This is my journey: to discover who I was created to be and live it for HIM. It's too important to miss what He has. I don't want to sweat the small stuff. I want to attack the big stuff!

No comments: