
Bare with me regarding this post because I get slightly long winded and it seems to go on forever!
I don't know how long I have been praying that God would reveal to me what my "gifts" or "talents" are... probably my entire life. But I have just recently kind of maybe discovered what one or two of them might be. Now... it really wasn't me who realized they were gifts and given to me from God; and that they actually might help grow his kingdom. (like I stated in my previous entry... I had little faith!!!) But it was more so, my amazing husband, and my wonderful friend Miriam who have helped me recognize these traits. Also, we all know that our strengths can definitely be, at times, our biggest weakness too. Well, this is definitely true for me. I LOVE to have things be clean. Mind you though, I didn't say I always love to clean; I like things to be clean. The process can be tedious, but the end product is GREAT! Also, I truly enjoy organizing and keeping things organized. And I don't mind tackling a big job; it really doesn't overwhelm me at all. I actually look at it as a fun challenge. So... all this to say that for so long I have wondered what God wants me to do with the gifts; ones I didn't even think I had. Matt has been trying to tell me that the things above are my gifts but I didn't think so... and my friend Miriam told me that they were too and I still didn't think so... up until now. Because I had not seen at all how my gifts are used. I always thought that God-given-gifts and talents were things like: people who prophesied, or had lots of patience, or people who just prayed all day long, or preachers and so forth. BUT God has showed me that cleaning and organizing could possibly be my gifts and that using them for him is ministry! (which I have always known that I am to be involved in ministry) I always just thought that being organized or being a germ-a-fobe made people think I'm a freak... God has shown me different! :)
Which brings me to my main point of explaining my previous entry.
I was praying that God would open up a door for me to use my gifts... in any way... and last Sundy Matt and I ended up being in the nursery at church because we had like 9 babies, and half of them were crying. So Miriam (she's the children's director at our church) asked if we would come back and help. Being in there, we just realized that there was a desperate need for some major attention to certain things and areas in our nursery... things that I enjoy doing. And God just spoke to me (and Matt) on our way home from church that God wanted me to fulfill the need; no matter what it entailed! And I am and I have never felt so satisfied serving my church, the precious little babies, and Jesus! It is amazing how when you finally open up your heart, how your eyes are opened too, and how everything just falls into place. God works everything out... I just can't explain how cool it is to finally feel like I have something to offer for his kingdom... even if it's wiping spit up off baby walkers or dumping Lego's in Clorox water!!! PRAISE HIM for graciously allowing me to ask, making me shut up, and speaking to me!
Hopefully this post will inspire someone to recogize their small but mighty gift or talent and start praying that God would show you ANY way you can use it to futher HIS kingdom! No matter what it is, God can use it, but more importantly YOU!
LOVE YA'S!
I don't know how long I have been praying that God would reveal to me what my "gifts" or "talents" are... probably my entire life. But I have just recently kind of maybe discovered what one or two of them might be. Now... it really wasn't me who realized they were gifts and given to me from God; and that they actually might help grow his kingdom. (like I stated in my previous entry... I had little faith!!!) But it was more so, my amazing husband, and my wonderful friend Miriam who have helped me recognize these traits. Also, we all know that our strengths can definitely be, at times, our biggest weakness too. Well, this is definitely true for me. I LOVE to have things be clean. Mind you though, I didn't say I always love to clean; I like things to be clean. The process can be tedious, but the end product is GREAT! Also, I truly enjoy organizing and keeping things organized. And I don't mind tackling a big job; it really doesn't overwhelm me at all. I actually look at it as a fun challenge. So... all this to say that for so long I have wondered what God wants me to do with the gifts; ones I didn't even think I had. Matt has been trying to tell me that the things above are my gifts but I didn't think so... and my friend Miriam told me that they were too and I still didn't think so... up until now. Because I had not seen at all how my gifts are used. I always thought that God-given-gifts and talents were things like: people who prophesied, or had lots of patience, or people who just prayed all day long, or preachers and so forth. BUT God has showed me that cleaning and organizing could possibly be my gifts and that using them for him is ministry! (which I have always known that I am to be involved in ministry) I always just thought that being organized or being a germ-a-fobe made people think I'm a freak... God has shown me different! :)
Which brings me to my main point of explaining my previous entry.
I was praying that God would open up a door for me to use my gifts... in any way... and last Sundy Matt and I ended up being in the nursery at church because we had like 9 babies, and half of them were crying. So Miriam (she's the children's director at our church) asked if we would come back and help. Being in there, we just realized that there was a desperate need for some major attention to certain things and areas in our nursery... things that I enjoy doing. And God just spoke to me (and Matt) on our way home from church that God wanted me to fulfill the need; no matter what it entailed! And I am and I have never felt so satisfied serving my church, the precious little babies, and Jesus! It is amazing how when you finally open up your heart, how your eyes are opened too, and how everything just falls into place. God works everything out... I just can't explain how cool it is to finally feel like I have something to offer for his kingdom... even if it's wiping spit up off baby walkers or dumping Lego's in Clorox water!!! PRAISE HIM for graciously allowing me to ask, making me shut up, and speaking to me!
Hopefully this post will inspire someone to recogize their small but mighty gift or talent and start praying that God would show you ANY way you can use it to futher HIS kingdom! No matter what it is, God can use it, but more importantly YOU!
LOVE YA'S!
No comments:
Post a Comment