Monday, February 2, 2009

Mommy Mommy Mommy!


Sometimes all day long, all I hear is "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!!!" (currently this is the sound in my ears) I don't know if my son is just different than other 20 month olds or what but he seriously thinks he has to have my undivided attention, every hour of the whole entire day. He can only play by himself for maybe 15 minutes and can maybe watch one or two Elmo's World DVD's... but for the bulk of the day he wants me to be completely engaged in whatever he wants to do. I have been told that it's because he's the "first born" but man, it's hard on me! He is in for a rude awakening when his new little sibling enters the world! I am praying that in some way God can prepare him, but I am wondering how it will all work out. Obviously it will, because no one has a choice! :) I just have to daily ask God to give me patience to try to understand what it is he wants and why he has to have me literally engaged in his every endeavor! I do enjoy playing with him and reading him books, it's just sometimes my honest desire is to sit on the couch and watch TV or drink my coffee while he plays quitely and happily with his toys! I know I'm not the only mom who feels this way! :) So all this to say that this day was a major one of those days for Luke. He just wants mommy to be with him and play with him all day long... despite his case of the fussies I am very blessed with such a precious little boy!

No comments: