Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not much goin'

I don't ever want to just write about stupid nothing stuff so that is why I have been silent lately. I really have nothing fun or new to blog about or say.

Luke had a check up on Thursday and all is well with him. His doc says he is perfect and progressing right where he should be... besides his pincher grasp and all. For those of you who don't know, he has been picking up little gerber puff things for about a month now with his thumb and pointer finger. I guess babies don't normally start doing that until 9 months. So yippee for Luke, he's ahead of the game in that arena. He is still in the stage of wailing when I leave the room. It makes it very difficult to get anything done, so I usually end up just bringing him into every single room I'm in. Luke is starting to pull himself up on things like me, Matt, and my parents brownie chair! Whenever he's on the floor and I'm accompanying him, he flops onto his belly and tries to eat my legs and pull himself up on me. Also, he loves to pull himself up on his little Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano. He LOVES this little toy... thanks Grandma Mellow! :) Oh yeah, I am such a bad mom... I left him on his tummy in the family room the other day and our coffee table has a lower shelf that has a little basket on it. In that basket are our remotes (which he LOVES to get and eat) and a few pens and a phone charger. Well stupid me, I came back in to find him with the phone charger in one hand and the pen in the other! Yes, I am dumb... but I guess I didn't realize how good he is at slithering on his belly. Man, wait until he's crawling! I will need to totally rearrange our rooms. Anyway...

I'm still trying to keep all my faith in the Lord... with every circumstance that passes our way. Matt's job is still freakin' slow... so that makes it tough. But who knows what's around the corner. I must hold onto the hope that I know God promises.

I am finally getting over this horrible sinus infection. And because I'm still nursing my little man I couldn't take ANYTHING! The only thing I could use was Afrin. Praise the Lord for that stuff! I was talking to Luke's doc and he said I better stop taking it now because you can become addicted to it! So whooo hooo! I had taken it for 5 days... it's ok everyone, I'm not addicted. My cold is going out the door and I can finally breath on my own.

Ok... well that is all for now. Here are some really funny photo's of Luke for you all to enjoy! Peace out!

This is Luke's suave smile... he's such a little charmer... lol only when he wants to be though, NEVER on demand!

And here is his "I want to bite your face mommy" pose! Honestly he is ALWAYS trying to bite something... anything that passes by his mouth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy. Just stoppin by to let you know I love you. By the way, I like your new layout, very cool. I'll see you tomorrow. Give Luke lots of kisses to Luke for me.