Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Clap clap for the cuteness! ... with some notions of the day

Ok, this has to be the cutest face you've ever seen! We were at my Grandma Betty's last week and I was just snapping some pics of Luke and this was one in the bunch. If only he would have smiled like this for his 8 month pictures we got done yesterday at JC Penney's... but no, he just stared at the photographer and gave his poker face. We got a few good ones though! Luke is still attempting to crawl, but is still doing the "army crawl." I got a note from my sis-in-law Val saying that her little man Wyatt is doing the same thing! I guess they both are enjoying being tummy sliders! Luke is loving getting into my kitchen cabinets, and bathroom drawers, and pulling his CD player on top of himself. These are his new ventures. I am not sure I'm ready for his semi-moble-ness, but I am so proud of him! Another newbie is his clapping of the hands. He started this about 2 weeks ago too. Here is a video to prove:

Well, things have been going pretty good lately. I am still ever trying to put my trust in God. It's a struggle that I battle daily. I'm glad though, that my life isn't easy. If life was just a piece of cake, and I never had any mountains to conquer, how boring would that be? There would be no reason to hope everyday... there would be no reason to pray, and cry out to God. So even though I complain about not having enough, or wishing something away... I'm grateful for the trials I am put through and tested with. I don't want my life to be stagnant and stale; but fresh and renewed. And this process can only happen through being rejuvenated and being refined by Jesus. If anyone in this world needs refined, it's Julie Lynn Weidman! We all know I'm raw... so that is my prayer that God helps me learn meekness and grace.

Ok, wow, I got a little off the subject of Luke here... anyway... what can I say, this is MY blog and those were MY notions for today! Peace!

1 comment:

Earthly Journey said...

Again.. I felt like I was watching Wyatt. Sounds like W. and Lukey are on the same schedule of achievements!

Great post Julie! You inspire me!