I am thoroughly and completely irritated about this whole "Swine flu" pandemic that is hitting the US and worldwide! It makes me mad and makes me of course feel like worrying and that I need to keep Luke trapped inside and away from ALL human contact! I realize I AM overreacting, but hey, what mom will argue with me?!? I seriously only first heard about it from my mom on Thursday. (I have not watched the news in weeks) So she brings me the paper and it's plastered all over the front page. So I read it, freak out, decide not to have a play date this week (partly too because Matt is home w/ us today), and decide I would take matters into my own hands and research it through a more accurate info-based website. So here is a link to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) website... the one that I know will give everyone the most accurate information... if anyone cares to know.
http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/index.htm
It is seriously amazing how this sickness is spreading so rapidly. This morning the total number of reported cases was 109... now just this afternoon it's up to 141!!! All I can say is wow. I guess it's a really good opportunity to put my trust and faith in God. But it doesn't make it any easier trying not to worry! I also am sick of the rain, but I think it's supposed to be ugly and rain for like the next week! Hooray! Alright, I gotta go and get rid of this sarcasm.
No comments:
Post a Comment