Thursday, May 28, 2009

......honestly

This post may not be the nicest but I'm pretty frustrated so I guess I'll just vent a little. I was very excited to spend a day at home this week to prepare for Luke's b-day party on Saturday. I had a few loads of laundry to do. (which I do not mind doing; I actually enjoy doing laundry now that I have a lovely washer and dryer upstairs) And I was planning on just relaxing on the couch, drinking my coffee, while Luke played with his toys... WELL as most mom's can assume, this is not exactly what has taken place today. I did get my laundry done; I did get the loot bags done for his party, and I did drink coffee on the couch... BUT... all with a fussing, crying, whining, 2 year old in my face. I'm not sure what went wrong. Maybe it was when I talked to my mom on the phone and Luke knew it was "Mammaw" and so then he cries because he realizes Mammaw is not here with him. OR maybe it was because I didn't let him help me switch the laundry loads... oh no!! The world might end! OR maybe it was because he wanted to play with all the goodies I was stuffing in the loot bags for his buddies that are coming to his party. Hmm, what could it have been??? Ok, a more legitimate excuse: maybe it was because he got two shots yesterday at his check up. All this to say... I had to ask God to give me patience because I was about to blow my top. All I wanted was a peaceful day at home! Which I honestly thought Luke would enjoy as well... being able to play with toys, watch Sesame Street and color... I guess I'll just never understand and asking why is a waste of my time. ( 2 year olds can't exactly describe what is agitating them I'm finding ) Don't get me wrong... I love being a mom and more than that, a "stay at home" mom... but days like today seriously make me wonder if I'm cut out for it and how on earth I am going to be at home with a newborn who needs me constantly and a 2 year old who thinks he needs me constantly... especially while I'm nursing Joel every 3 hours and knowing that Luke wants my complete undivided attention 24-7!!! All I can do is say wow, and hope and pray for the best I guess! And maybe force myself to laugh sarcastically!

3 comments:

ktNcompany said...

hmm... this sounds so familiar. i often ask myself the same thing - "why????" why are they whining? why are they fighting? why are they moody? why won't they eat their dinner? i've only come to the conclusion that it's because they are kids who need to be taught to STOP! that's where the patience comes into play (on a good day...) hang in there :)

weid(wo)man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Julie, if it makes you feel any better you are not alone. I am NOT home full time and still have a lot of days like that. It's hard with little kids... keep being consistant with his discipline and you'll seem him continue to grow. Reagan's been a handful lately, and we're becoming more strict with him, knowing it will pay off in the long run. It isn't always easy in the process, though.