Saturday, June 20, 2009

i guess i'm nesting???

Today was a very, very good day... I got home really late last night after a fun "girls nite" with my friends Kate, Ron, Ky, and Ash. We try to plan it every two months so we can keep in touch and stay up to date with all of our crazy, busy lives. It is super fun and always ends up in a laughing and loud time! :) But today, since I was home late, we slept in till 9:30 which was great. Luke was up at like 7:30 ish but I think he either fell back asleep or just talked and laid in his bed till Matt brought him over to us! I am so blessed that he is such a good boy and just stays in his little bed till we come in to him in the mornings! :) We woke up to the sound of pouring down rain; which was surprisingly nice on this Saturday morning. It meant that we were trapped inside... but that was ok because I had a "honey to do" list that we needed to get done. I am NOT a procrastinator in the least. And even though everyone has told me from day one of this pregnancy that we have "tons of time" I like to have everything ready to go at least a month ahead of my due date. I don't care if I seem freakish about it... it makes me happy and that is what I like to do! So here are a few of the things we got accomplished:

1. Matt raised the crib mattress for me and we put nice new sheets on and so now the nursery is FINALLY all ready for Joel. :)

2. Matt hung the rod in Luke's closet so I can start hanging extra clothes in there that don't fit in my closet or Joel's!! (yes, I have too many clothes... but I DO go through them every 6 months and get rid of tons!)

3. I re-organized our medicine cabinets; it's amazing how many old pill bottles and just junk can collect in there. I also did the kids shelf as well and got rid of old motrin and boogie suckers.

4. I re-organized our bathroom closet - throwing away tons of stuff as well. And lastly just a few other shelves in my bathroom hall that needed some help. (I absolutely LOVE to re-organize!)

Over all I got rid of two grocery bags full of junk and crap. It feels SO GOOD! I seriously think I have an obsession with throwing things away. I love to! I like to say goodbye and I don't care where it goes! (sorry to all you green folk but the trash can is my friend!)

So... all this to say I think I was nesting a bit today... I also went on a dust-buster frenzy in my laundry, kitchen, and bathroom... yeah, I think it's setting in that I'm due in 4 freakin' weeks and that I'm a little psycho when it comes to cleaning and preparing!

We are ready and excited though! It was so fun putting the crib back together for a teeny, weeny baby: the dust ruffle, bumper pad, little animals, and soft little blankets. It is crazy how soon Joel will be here with us and part of our family! I can't wait!

1 comment:

ktNcompany said...

i always enjoyed the preparation, too. and nothing, i mean NOTHING, feels better than a freshly organized room :) enjoy!