Tuesday, June 30, 2009

i am.full term... and i mean FULL; like of baby!!!




37 weeks = full term!!! Well these posts might be getting boring but all I can really think about (or blog about) lately is when in the world this little dude is going to make his big debut. I am happy he is full term, but I am very, very ready to give birth and just start this new journey of having two kids! My body has no more space... I am so sick of peeing it's not even right! I do love being pregnant; but I am now done and ready to have Joel in my arms. I want my body back to myself! (despite the fact that I will be nursing him for like a year) At least I will be able to roll onto my belly and pick up Luke and just be "normal" again! :) My belly button stretch marks seriously hurt. I mean, they feel like a burn. Other than those, I am stretch mark free! Hooray! Let's hope it stays that way for the next 2 1/2 weeks!

I have everything ready I can possibly think of... we just need to strap the infant car seat base into the van and then I think we are set. I have been talking to friends of mine who are a few years older than me and have 2-3 kids about their thoughts and feelings when the time came to welcome there second into the family. I asked how they dealt with the fear of labor since they new this time around what was coming; I asked how they dealt with their first child while trying to take care of a newborn; I asked how their first child responded and so forth... so far all the answers and opinions have been very encourageing and uplifting. I am still just not sure about anything... that is how everything will go as far as my labor, bringing Joel home and Luke realizing he's not leaving! :) And being up throughout the night feeding with huge, tender boobs! If anyone has any advice for me, please comment! :) I need all the input and encouragement I can get!
We have been busy it seems with weddings, and just random things I can't think of right now. Since the weather has been nice I have been spending alot of time at my mom's pool which is so great. Luke is doing AMAZINGLY with swimming. He wears a little life vest and just jumps in and swims like a little fishy! :) He does not want anyone to help him or touch him... so I am very happy he is not afraid and very comfortable in the water. It's nice for me too since I can just sit on the steps and watch him while I get a tan. :) I will be sad when I can't go out as much though once Joel is born... although, I know my mom will happily stay inside with Joel while I take Luke out.
I am looking forward to July 4th and the picnics and fireworks we have planned but after the holiday I am hoping to just lay low and pray that this kid comes asap! We have nothing planned after the 4th; just waiting on him! So... who knows what will happen........ :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Julie! You look so good!

Having your 2nd is definitely different than your first. For me, it was slightly overwhelming at first, but then we got our routines figured out and life starts to feel "normal". Just remember that even though Luke may want your attention all the time, it doesn't mean that he actually needs it all the time and it is a good little reality check for the firstborns to realize they are not ACTUALLY the center of the universe :) Once I realized that with Reagan I didn't feel quite so guilty when he had to wait for something. You'll do great!