Then Jesus said to them,
"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life DOES NOT consist in the abundance of his possessions."
Luke 12:15
I seriously want to remember this verse in this day and age. It is so freakin' easy to get caught up in the mind set that "bigger is better" and the more you have the happier you will be... I know this is not true. So I have this verse hanging on my desk so I can read it every day and remind myself of this fact. I think it is very interesting that Jesus says the specific words "watch out." I mean, how much clearer can He be with a warning like that!? Man, if only we could always remember scripture like this.
Maybe this verse and my post about it will speak to someone like it has spoken to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment