
Monday marks my 35th week; 5 weeks to go!!! I have been having contractions... and not just braxton hicks... painful ones that I am hoping are getting me at least somewhat dilated! I am seriously praying that this labor goes just as fast or faster than Luke's. Everyone says your subsequent labors go faster... but of course there are always the few women who have way longer ones the second time around. Anyhow, I am just totally believing that God will have his way and will give me the supernatural strength to get through it all natural. I keep telling myself that I want to give Joel the same start in life that I gave Luke; which is drug free from the beginning of my labor to all the medical interventions that can take place during; and all the "newborn" procedures they normally do to the babies after they are born. Like: gel on their eyes, shots, pricking their heels... I prefer that my babies are just let alone and put on my chest immediately with no interference. (unless of course it would be needed for their health) I may sound like a wacko but I don't really care what anyone else thinks. People still try to tell me that I'm crazy for going all natural, and I just don't get it... I don't tell people that they are nuts for getting pain medication... I guess people think they have the right to give their opinion and tell how they think it should be. Whatever, we have our own ideas and views and that's what makes life interesting.
The nursery is ready to go... Joel's letters are up along w/ a collage of newborn pictures of Luke that we got done when he was 6 weeks old. We will get the same type of photos done for Joel and hang his on the other side of the wall. It looks so cute! I have all of Luke's baby clothes washed, put away, and ready for baby Joel to wear. I am excited to wear the clothes again on him. Luke has such nice stuff... thanks to mamaw! :) Joel will pretty much be set to go in pretty much every area! ... clothes, toys, blankets... I feel blessed that I do not have to go out and buy new stuff. All of Luke's clothes will fit Joel perfectly since they're born around the same season. Luke is still doing amazingly in his big boy bed... I am so grateful for this because it will just make life so much easier once Joel is born and he can move right into the crib after a month or so. Luke loves his bed... he tells me when he wants to go in for a nap and I am again, so happy that he loves it! We painted his letters red and hung them on his wall which he loves. He always points to them and says "Luke letters." I am making room in our family room (pretty tough since it's overtaken by toys!!) for the pack 'n play so I have somewhere to place Joel that Luke can "look" at him, but not "get" him... I am a little concerned because he obviously does not understand that he can hurt him but... I guess we'll just cross that bridge when we get there! I am not going to fret about it now. He'll learn, and if all else fails, I'll just put up gates, or put Joel in his crib... although Luke can climb the crib as well so that might not work! :) It will be interesting, but I am excited; anxious, but excited. Ok, well I need to drink more coffee and get ready for a wedding this afternoon. Hopefully no one got too bored w/ this post.
2 comments:
those last few weeks can seem like forever - especially when you're ready. hope time flies :)
When Anna was first born Reagan tried to pick her up from her bouncy seat when I had walked out of the room... thankfully, he didn't actually drop her or anything. The second born just learns to be a little tough :)
Luke will love him so much!
Glad you're still feeling pretty well!
Post a Comment