Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Almost there... i.e. - PAMELA & THANKSGIVING!

It's been almost a week that I've blogged... I have been pretty exhausted at night - being that my child has forgotten that "dark" means sleepy time. He seems to think it means "cry" and "mommy hold me" time. (J/K) I LOVE holding my baby boy and I am grateful that I can still rock him to sleep and that he wants to cuddle. I realize that these precious moments will not last forever. So I am ever-trying to take advantage of them... even if it's 2 am. I am just commanding his teeth to come in - "in Jesus name!"

My most exciting news right this very second is that my amazingly wonderful long-lost friend Pamela Joy Gotwalt is - right now as we speak - landing in her plane at the Philly airport!!!!!!! :) Her and Daniel have been out of state (living in MS) since August 16th and it is HIGH time they are home! :) I am just overjoyed that I will see her maybe tonight and in the morning! I have to say that this year at Thanksgiving one of things that I'm so thankful for are precious friends that God has blessed me with. You never realize how much you love someone until they are gone and you can't see them once or twice a week, or talk to them every day!

Speaking of Thanksgiving - This year we were supposed to spend Thanksgiving with Matt's family, but instead we are spending it with my Hamilton side. The reason for this is because just recently my Grandma Betty (my dad's mom) was diagnosed with lung cancer. This has been pretty tough for me. (some of my recent blogs have indicated this) We don't know for sure how much time she has, but I didn't want to miss being with her on this holiday. I can't even imagine what my life would be like without my Grandma Betty. She is the greatest story teller you will ever meet. I just love hearing her tell me about her childhood days, and when her and my Pap Pap were first married and just all of the memories that she carries deep inside her heart. Her faith is so strong. I have always had both sets of my grandparents. People tell me I don't know how blessed I am... and I am finding this to be very true. I pray that the Lord heals my Grandma. I know he can, I am believing this with all my heart and soul. So this year at Thanksgiving, I'm going to remember how blessed I am to have all of my grandparents still living - I am grateful for my parents who instilled in me to always love Jesus. I'm going to be thankful for my husband, who is the most amazing man of God you will EVER meet - my beautiful baby boy, Luke, who steals my heart everyday. But most of all, for Jesus, who has given me salvation... the only key to eternal life with God. I'm not trying to sound cheesy... but these are the things I'm thankful for with all my heart!

To all my friends and family: HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I HEART YOU ALL! :) (my cute sis-in-law always blogs that and I just love it and had to steal it!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right - this is the cutest boy! Since I don't have a boy....there is no competition! My girls are ready for you to have a girl now.....they know she will be FABULOUSLY dressed....! We too are excited to have that Pamela Joy Gotwalt girl home too!
Maybe we will see that little cutie over Christmas.

nikki said...

i am a friend of pam's too... it's been a very long time since we've seen her... since before she was married. tell her paul and nikki in TN say hi, and she'll be getting her christmas card soon.