It's been a few days since I've written and my little man is taking a snooze so I thought I'd blog-a-bit... Our weekend was pretty good. I did about 10 million loads of laundry Saturday. It seems that's a never ending job since Luke spits up all day long and I have to change his outfits about 4 times a day. Oh well though, I love dressing him. I will be doomed when I have a girl though... clothes are so much cuter and I will just have a ball!
We had dinner Saturday night at Katie and Brian's and it was SUPER FUN! It's so great to have friends that are in the same stage of life as we are. We just connect on a level that others don't understand! I made apple crisp for the first time and I'm not sure I liked it. Everyone else thought it was tasty but I felt that the apples were a bit too sour. Next time I'll have to listen to my Grams and get Steiman Winesap apples instead of Granny Smith. (ok, that was TMI)
I just wanted to also say how I am seeing God's hand in certain areas of my life where once before I questioned it... not that I'm doubting God, ok... I guess that's not the truth because every time I worry I am doubting the Lord. But it's tough at times to see His hand in foggy areas like my recent publish about the deep oceans of my heart. I don't want to be consumed by my wants and worries. A special friend just reminded me that I am always in the palm of His hand and that we are commanded NOT to worry about tomorrow. She wisely said to me that we have everything we need for today, so why worry about tomorrow? I don't know who said this little quote, but I love it: "Don't worry about tomorrow, for we know the One who holds tomorrow in His hand." Or something like that... I probably butchered it, but you get the gist. Never in my life have I dreaded Christmas till this year... and it's so sad because the only reason I have been dreading it is because of the money issue. But I am right now REFUSING to let myself be wrapped up in all that UGLY selfishness! I will remember the REAL reason for the season (no pun intended) and I will trust in God that He will provide all the funds we need to get beautiful x-mas gifts for our family and friends. Praise the Lord for his unending GRACE to me His lowly child. I am so BLESSED to be loved by HIM!
Ok, my arm is hurting now from typing so much. I need some of my mother's amazing cinnamon sticky bun coffee... love to all, later!
No comments:
Post a Comment