
My Grandma Betty wanted us all to read our favorite scripture verse. (or just one we really liked that had meaning to us) So I picked Ezekiel 37:1-10. When I read this passage, it stops me dead in my tracks. It is SO powerful and it has more meaning than what we realize. It reads:
The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He lead me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the Valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign Lord, you alone know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.'" So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breath into these slain, that they may live.'" So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet - a vast army.
This verse to me, represents what we are like before we know Christ and accept him as our Saviour. We are dead, and God gives us NEW life. We were nothing but dry bones that were dust, but He loved us enough to save us and give us life. When we are born into this world he breaths life into us. Our first breath after we come out of the womb is given by Him. I am grateful that I found this verse in the Bible because it really brings me to my knees. We are God's army. We are here on earth to fight for Him and bring others to the knowing love of Him. For this reason I am so THANKFUL.
Here are a few more pictures of the day. This one is of my grandparents and there NINE GREAT-grandchildren!

Here is one of Master Luke with my grandparents.
I guess this is all for now... have a wonderful weekend!
1 comment:
Oh dearest Julie,
We just think your baby is so cute & adorable!! We also think you're such a great family. Love, Brittany, Erica, Deanna, Elina, Liza & Pamela
Post a Comment