Long time, no blog... Let's see: Thanksgiving was a blurr, but oh so sweet. - My little man is 6 1/2 months old. - Matt went hunting and didn't get anything so it was a BIG suck for him. - We got our Christmas tree... it's HUGE! (I'll add some pics of it later) We had our first snow storm and got about 3 inches! Whoo hoo! :) I took Luke outside to watch the flurries drop and he put out his hand and was SO SUPER CUTE! I will add pics of the snow if it hangs around sometime soon too.
News about Luke: He is sitting up all by himself now. Although if he is sitting and looks up at me he occasionally loses his balance and falls back. I usually catch him but sometimes I'm too late! He's bumped his head about 3 times now, but all is well with his little noggin. :) Oh yes, and more news... he is getting two more teeth (just as I suspected) Not his front two teeth, but his side teeth! He's going to have little fangs! :) Hmmm, what else... During his NON-sleeping spells the past month, I thought I'd call his doc to see what I could do or see if there was anything wrong with him. I called and the stupid nurse on the phone said he might have an ear infection... I was like no, my child is not sick BUT non the less I thought I'd take the opportunity to have an appointment to talk to my doc. She pretty much said I have to start letting him cry and stop going in to him at night to flip him back over onto his tummy. That is the issue you see, he can't sleep on his back... sooooooo... let me just say that this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. Letting him scream is horrible; And let me tell you, he can scream... for up to two hours to be exact. It was a nightmare, but the past week has been much better. He is slowly learning to sleep on his back, but I just pray at night that he doesn't flip over. Matt doesn't seem to mind it though, he pretty much just sleeps right through... so I shut both doors and turn off the monitor... haha it's crazy to think that I used to have it turned UP the whole way when he was just a teeny little thing! Funny how things change. So, I think that's about all the new things Luke is doing.
Christmas is so close it's scary. I am almost all done Christmas shopping. I have to buy a few more gifts and then I'm done! Normally I am done by December, but this year with having a baby I just don't have enough time. But I am learning patience and that I do not come first anymore. (yes, I'm still learning this) Luke is a little trooper though... he can't sleep in his stroller but as soon as Grandma holds him he falls asleep in her arms. It's so nice having a shopping buddy to help me out!
I used to look forward to Christmas so much when I was young... I thought it was the most amazing time of the year. I would start listening to Christmas music in October and my parents would just laugh and think I'm crazy. But this year is the first year it feels different... I am not sure yet what is different about it, besides the fact that I have a baby... it's something more... I am trying to figure it out, and when I do be ready because I will blog about it. I can't tell if it's a good feeling or a sad feeling. Maybe I'm just realizing I'm not a child anymore and that I am a grown up and I don't like that feeling. I have so much responsibility on my shoulders. In a way that makes me feel strong, but then I wake up the next day and I feel weak... I know ultimately my human strength is useless so I MUST rely on God's. He is the one that carries me through. This season is so insanely awesome. He sent his one and only son... I can't even imagine giving up my son to die for hateful people. Wow... that's about all I can say for tonight... goodnite ya'll.
No comments:
Post a Comment