Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Angels in waiting..."

The start of this weekend was definitely not what I imagined but I now have a more thankful heart for the angels that our God assigns to us. I'm still trying to make sense with what even happened last night. To try to describe on this blog the accident that Matt and I had last night is going to be extremely hard, but, so that you all can keep up with our life I will try my best:

We were on our way home from Texas Roadhouse for our weekly date night. Luke was with my mom... thank God. We were on Route 30 west bound crossing over Lititz pike. For those who live out of state, we got snow yesterday along with sleet, and freezing rain. And so you can imagine the roads, especially the bridges on the highway. We were in the far left lane (the passing lane, surrounded by traffic in front, behind, and beside us), we were going the speed limit and in a split second we hit a patch of ice, started fish tailing and Matt tried to correct it about 3 times and the Envoy just lost it and we started spinning across the 2 other lanes in front of about 15 cars. We hit somebody, and then we flew over a bank on the other side of the highway and down into a ditch. Let me just say that MY MAN is THE MAN! There's no way in heck that any other guy would have been able to manuver a vehicle like he did. Along with the help of our angels in waiting of course. Matt was incredible. I married the most amazingly strong guy on this planet, and all you other girls out there should be jealous of me!!! (or just pray that your man is as good as mine!) I can barley even describe it... we literally missed 15 cars. We were totally boxed in our lane and I don't know how in the world we missed every car but one. God's hand was guiding us through all the lanes. I've always heard people say "my life flashed before my eyes" ... I now know what they mean. It only took about 5 seconds, but in those 5 seconds I thought about my son, the rest of his life, my short lived life, and my coming death. You may think I'm being dramatic and extreme... but it was very scary. Matt and I are totally ok. The other driver we hit didn't even spin out, they just pulled over and were all fine. Our vehicle was completely stuck in the ditch. The front end is messed up, my door was jammed shut and our tires were pointing opposite directions. So we will just have to wait and see if it has frame damage, which I'm claiming that it doesn't! Our airbags didn't deploy which we were surprised at but I'm glad they didn't.

So... all this to say that God had His ultimate BEST angels with Matt and I last night because our accident could have been really bad. I'm glad God's riding in my car, because I don't think we would have been so blessed if not. It wasn't our time to go... and I'm glad we get a second chance. Life is so fragile... we take everything for granted. I just want to be thankful for His amazing protection on our lives. God's word says our life is like a vapor... here one second, gone the next. Praise HIM for allowing us to take another breath. And for His merciful heart on us, His lowly children.

PS - Happy 9th month birthday to my Little Man!

2 comments:

Dan and Pam said...

We love you guys so much and also thank God for the angels he gave you that night!
Miss you tons!

Erin said...

Angels do watch over us. I am so glad this wasn't any worse than it was, and so glad you're all safe!