It's been a few days since I've actually written a post that is about something... other than ridiculously cute pictures of Luke. ( yes, I'm bragging! ) ... Today was an interesting, but super fun day. My sis-in-law Erin came over to my mom's to help me start my scrapbook for Luke. I hate to admit it but I've been dreading doing it. It's not that I am not creative or artistic... because I am both of those things... but I guess just not in the "craft" type area. But anyway... it was really great and I actually got a bunch of pages done, and I just did about 3 more on my own! ( Erin, you'll be so proud of me! :) ) I am feeling good about it and inspired to keep going but it is going on midnight. (and since Luke has been waking up at the crack of dawn this past week, I probably should go to bed) While Erin and I scrapbooked, my mom watched Asher and Luke; she had her hands full! Asher is walking everywhere now and Luke is crawling all over the place. It was so cute though... my bro stopped by and he was enjoying the boys too. Anyway... I felt the erge to write on here but I'm not sure what about. Bare with me... I'm pondering...
Again I am amazed at how fast time is going by me. Working on Luke's scrapbook and looking at his newborn pictures while reminscing, made me almost cry tonight. I had to choke back my tears as I read to Matt about the memories of his birth. Someone told me "you've never known love like you will now that you have a child." I am finding this to be insanely true. Despite all the frustrating times... like this morning when all I wanted to do was put some clothes on and I couldn't because Luke was just at my feet trying to crawl up my legs because he wanted held; I am so thankful for this opportunity to have a child and raise him up in the right way. I'm so grateful that my parents chose to equip me with the knowlege of Jesus Christ and so now I can pass that along to future generations; like my children. I just hope and pray that they cling to the Truth and decide to shine the light for their families.
Just like my sis-in-law Val just blogged about... one sweet moment that you share with your child erases all the hard and poopy times with them. It's easy to get lost in a bad moment... but it's even easier to get lost in a beautiful one. Sorry, I'm getting way to quote-ish. I think I'm over tired and it's time to hit the sack. Oh by the way, for anyone who cares, Matt and I got a new matress a week ago and it's like sleeping on a cloud! Thank you Sleepy's! I will trust you for the rest of my life! (know the jingle?!)
Nite Nite!
1 comment:
I am proud of you girl! You'll be done before I am at this rate!
Thanks for sharing about Mommy-hood and the beautiful moments. It is so special. Loveyou.
Post a Comment