Thursday, February 7, 2008

Copy Cat

A few months ago my amazing sis-in-law Val wrote a post about her favorite things (being around Christmas and all) and I just thought it was so great and I have been wanting to also post about my favorite things. Some of them though are "Luke" related but hey, if they make his life easier & happier, then they make mine easier & happier too! And all us mom's can agree that they too would become our favorite things! :) So yes, I am being a copy cat, but I know she won't mind! Here goes:


Kashi TLC Country Chedder Crackers: Can I just say TASTY? These little crackers are absolutely wonderful in every way. They are yummy, healthy, and just the right size to pop in your mouth while watching Oprah. lol, yes I do watch Oprah when I am home around 4 pm because we only have basic cable and next to soaps, I'd rather watch a show that I can usually learn something!

Healthy Times Oatmeal Cereal for Baby: If this organic baby food company would have a "poster child" for there advertising, Luke could be it! As soon as he sees me mixing my milk with this cereal his face lights up and his mouth is WIDE open! I don't know what I would do with out this amazing cereal... they also have awesome teething biscuits!


Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads: These little items are LIFESAVERS! I would be lost (and wet!) without them! They are soft and absorb like a diaper, while all the while keeping your sore and precious boobies dry! They are discrete and don't show through your shirts... just one more amazing thing about them!



Boppy Nursing Pillow: This inner-tube shaped pillow (as Matt calls it) is probably THE most important item I have used during my new life as a mother. I literally use this pillow every day. It was amazing for when Luke was a newborn, and it is still amazing now that he's almost 9 months. The support that it gives while your baby is nursing is incredible. EVERY mom, even if you aren't nursing, needs one of these pillows when you feed your baby. Bless the woman who invented the Boppy pillow!





Avalon Organics Baby Lotion: This lotion is the only lotion that keeps Luke's skin soft and supple. I have used other organic lotions, but they didn't do the trick. It has no harsh ingredients, no smelly stuff, and no parabens! It may not have a sweet smell, but it takes away those little dry spots on his butt, back, and under his knees. Love it!



Playtex Diaper Genie II: Great invention for keeping the smell of poopy diapers away! I heard some bad things about this product, but I think it's great. I have never smelled Luke's poops in his room, and it is easily used with one hand. The refills are slightly expensive, but if you only put the poopy diapers in the genie, you don't have to buy as many.



Black & Decker 18 Volt Pivot Vac: Let me just warn you... this little item will suck up your rugs, curtains, and anything else that gets in its way. It has the most powerful suction for a dust buster I have ever seen. I use this item every single day in my bathroom and kitchen. I used to have a Shark, and it would die by the time I reached my bathroom. But this one lasts forever! It also has two suction speeds, and you can move the head to reach different places. ROCK IT!



Dove Extra Hold Hairspray: I have been using this hairspray since 2004. I have never switched to any other kind becasue it works like a dream. I have curly hair as you all know and this product works wonders on my frizzy curls. It isn't sticky and doesn't weigh my hair down. I use it every single day! And if I don't have it, it's a sad sight.



Clorox Disinfecting Wipes: The ULTIMATE toilet seat cleaner! That is about all I have to say about this item. I think toilets are disgusting and I want to KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that when I sit down, my butt is sitting on a clean disinfected surface!






Swiffer Dusters: We all can say that a rag is used for endless tasks... but in my house one of them IS NOT dusting! I LOVE the swiffer dusters. They pick up every last bit of dust on my tables, dressers, TV's, computer screen; you name it! They also fit nicely into small cracks and tight spaces.


Dyson DCO7 Origin: Last but certainly not least - The MOTHER of all vaccum cleaners. This vaccum could suck me up if I'd let it! I have never loved a cleaning item like I love my Dyson. You can gawk at the price, but I don't give a rats butt. I have owned this vaccum since I was married and it has not lost ANY suction power. I use it on my hardwood floors, kitchen floors, and berber carpet and it picks absoultely everything up! All the attachments are amazing too. If you ever get the chance to try one out, I guarantee you will buy one on the spot. Come over to my house and you can borrow mine! I will NEVER buy another brand of vaccum.


Well that's all folks... I hope you all enjoyed my list of favorite things. Thank you Val for inspiring me. :) Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should consider the career as a sales person. haha
You would be good at it. :) That was a fun post to read.